Why You Need to Upgrade to NOVAtime 5000 SaaS
Why You Need to Upgrade to NOVAtime 5000 SaaS
Several compliance features and enhancements have been made to the newest version of NOVAtime 5000 SaaS, which will not be available on your older version of NOVAtime (4000, 3000, 2000, 1000). This could impact the way you do business, making it more difficult to navigate the new federal and state reporting laws. Please keep in mind that you will not lose history or functionality when you change systems. Below is a brief summary of key enhancements or new features available on NOVAtime 5000 SaaS that are NOT available on earlier versions:
Risk Avoidance is the greatest goal and benefit for the newest version of NOVAtime, as it complies with recent updates to federal and state laws. This includes the new ACA rule for Payroll-Based Journal (PBJ) reporting, FMLA tracking, and the state-enforced sick leave policies. Older systems will not have these predefined rules, which will make it difficult to comply with labor laws. Some older systems will no longer be supported or backup employee data. Examples of compliance are as follows:
PBJ – Payroll-Based Journal – complies with section 606 of ACA, requiring long-term care facilities to electronically submit staffing information.
FMLA – tracking FMLA leave. Full workflow.
Sick leave policy – Many states have adopted minimum sick leave laws.
Global footprint – Multilingual and adaptable for any location.
2. Key Features
In addition to compliance, the new NOVAtime 5000 SaaS has several enhancements to make life a little easier. Features include mobile time and attendance functionality (NOVAmobile), expanded reporting capabilities, advanced rule-based scheduling, and an entire list of other enhancements that are in the attached list of changes. Here a few of the key enhancements in NOVAtime 5000 SaaS:
* Geofencing – A virtual geographic boundary that tracks when a mobile device enters or leaves a particular area.
* Find My Employee – search functionality using beacon and GPS technologies.
* Deployment – Easy set up for iOS and Android.
* Supervisors can review, edit, and approve time cards.
* Team / Crew Punch.
* Expense Module – Can enter information, take a photo of receipt, and attach.
Express Time Distribution – Time entry/edit of multiple employees without clock terminal.
PTO Projection – Accruals done by NOVAtime.
Scheduling for Training and Improvements.
* Qualification – To ensure an employee has proper training for a specific job.
* Certification – Specialized fields (ie, medical, technical, etc).
* Up to 20 dynamic labor group levels to support various scheduling needs.
NOVAanalytics is a business intelligence tool that enhances the reporting capabilities of the NOVAtime system. Using web API’s, NOVAanalytics exports real-time data to Excel, enabling users to create ad hoc reports, interactive data visualizations, presentations, and dashboards with the help of templates designed for common business needs.
Expanding reporting capabilities to be able to drill down data, compare week-to-week or month-to-month data, and add complex formulas (Microsoft Excel 2013 or newer required).
4. ASM – Advanced Scheduling Manager
The Advanced Schedule Manager Solution is for business environments that have exacting requirements when it comes to scheduling, staffing certification requirements, automatic notification and confirmation, and more. ASM offers a variety of innovative features that enhance and automate the scheduling capabilities of NOVAtime 5000:
Enhanced User Interface – easier to use and read.
* Rule-based scheduling for setting up jobs/positions.
* Scheduling positions and assigning employees.
* Publish open schedules for pickup, give away, or exchange.
* Auto scheduling based on shift, shift limits (Reg/OT), certification, and qualification.
* Support schedule exceptions – open/unfilled positions, conflicts, surplus.
* Scheduling based on availability.
Notifications – Have employees manage changes to their schedule.
* Send out real-time text alerts, emails, or calls to employees to pick up new shifts.
* Contact only the employees who are eligible and allowed to take schedules.
* Avoid OT
* Employees are certified to work a shift or job
Concierge Scheduling Module.
* Empowers supervisors and schedulers to fill schedule vacancies with the right people.
NOVAtime 5000 is a SaaS program, which means it operates in the “cloud”. This is beneficial because you will always have the most up-to-date version available, and your data will always be securely backed up. Because it is a cloud solution, there is no hardware, so there is nothing to break or buy in the future.
With That in Mind…
To make your transition to NOVAtime 5000 SaaS as seamless as possible, we will be offering substantial discounts until January 31, 2019. Contact us for details. Let DataPro Solutions help navigate the complicated waters of Time and Attendance, as well as everything under the Human Content Management (HCM) umbrella. We can make a real difference to your business. This is what drives us.